|Product Eligibility Information:
Qualified products or services must be purchased, and then your vouchers for those purchases may be redeemed for cash. For information
as to what products or services may be purchased with Education Technology K-12 Voucher Program vouchers, click on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link on the left side
of the page and refer to FAQ D-1.
Schools and districts are encouraged to contact the Settlement Claims Administrator prior to making purchases if there is any ambiguity as to the
eligibility of a product or service.
The computer technology products and services that qualify for reimbursement under the terms of the Ed Tech K-12 include all products and
services that fall within the following description:
- Fifty percent (50%) of the total voucher award amount may only be used for products and/or services that meet the
criteria for General Purpose Vouchers and the remaining fifty percent (50%) may only be used for products that meet the criteria for Specific Category Software Vouchers.
All products and services must be purchased using existing funding. The Lead Education Agency (LEA) then submits the appropriate documentation to the Settlement Claims Administrator
(SCA) for reimbursement.
- All products and services must meet the conditions of the Settlement Agreement to be eligible for reimbursement.
|General Purpose Vouchers:
General Purpose Vouchers may be redeemed for any:
Qualifying Hardware (any new desktop, laptop or tablet computer for any
operating system platform, printers, scanners, monitors, keyboards and pointing devices)
Non-Custom Software that could be used with Qualifying Hardware
Professional Development Services
IT Support Services used in connection with the hardware or software acquired through use of the General Purpose Vouchers and/or
Equipment needed for networking and infrastructure
(e.g., routers, servers, wireless network cards, or wireless access points)
Hardware for accessing the internet through television sets
Internet access for such hardware for students’ homes
Certification training for software and networking
Tablet computers or comparable technology that may become available
Non-custom assistive technology devices and non-custom software designed for use by students with special needs
Evaluation tool(s) to assist participating schools in monitoring their use of the
General Purpose Vouchers and Software Vouchers, as well as to assist the California Department of Education in gathering evaluation
data on this cy pres program.
|Specific Category Software Vouchers:
Specific Category Software Vouchers may be redeemed for:
1. Current or future:
- Microsoft operating system software (e.g., Microsoft Windows)
- Word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word)
- Spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Desktop relational database software oriented towards single users and typically residing on a standard personal computer (e.g., Microsoft Access)
- Web-authoring software (e.g., Microsoft Front Page)
- Productivity suite software (e.g., Microsoft Office or Microsoft Works)
- Encyclopedia software (e.g., Microsoft Encarta) for either personal computers or Macintosh computers
- Server software including client access licenses
2. Non-custom software titles
produced by other companies that compete with and/or have substantially similar functionality to the above identified Microsoft
software titles or their successors, and can be used with Qualifying Hardware employing either a Microsoft operating system
or another operating system.
3. The Software Vouchers distributed in the First
Cy Pres Distribution may also be used to cover the cost of the software when such software is bundled with a computer purchased with the
General Purpose Vouchers.
Click here (Excel) for products and services that have previously been submitted and approved for reimbursement under the General Purpose Voucher category by the Settlement Claims Administrator. Last updated: 01/15/2014
Click here (Excel) for products and services that have previously been submitted and approved for reimbursement under the Specific Category Software Voucher category by the Settlement Claims Administrator. Last updated: 01/15/2014
*Note that software subscriptions will only be reimbursed up to the end date of the Education Technology K-12 Voucher Program, which is September 25, 2015. Any software subscriptions that extend beyond that date will be prorated.
|Product Eligibility Inquiries:
||If you wish to inquire about the eligibility of products or services, submit an email inquiry to ClaimsAdmin@EdTechK12VP.com. In your email, include the following information:
- Your name, title and telephone number.
- For districts, the district name and district number (first seven digits of CDS code).
- For direct-funded charter schools, the school name and school number (last seven digits of CDS code).
- The specific name of the product or service.
- For hardware products, identify the manufacturer.
- For software products, identify the publisher and state whether it is for use on a laptop, desktop or server.
- For IT support services, include the name of the approved provider and the name of the products procured through this settlement that were being installed or maintained.
- For professional development (PD) services, include the name of the approved provider, name of the PD event, summary of the content, name of the products procured through this settlement that are the focus of the PD (if applicable), and if products will be provided to participants as part of the PD include the product name and manufacturer.
- Also include the reason for any ambiguity about the eligibility of the products or services submitted for reimbursement.
An email response, including a confirmation number, will be sent to you within seven to ten business days.
Please be sure to set any email filter you may be using to allow incoming email from ClaimsAdmin@EdTechK12VP.com.
If you are inquiring about two products or services or less, you may call the Settlement Claims Administrator at 1-800-419-5286 with the product or service information. You will receive a verbal eligibility response over the telephone and a follow-up email response, including a confirmation number, will be sent to you within seven to ten business days.
Confirmation numbers are not required for redemption of vouchers. They are provided solely for the convenience of the school districts.
Vouchers may only be redeemed for eligible products and/or services purchased between July 1, 2006 and September 25, 2015.
Be wary of vendor claims that their products or services are eligible for redemption. Schools and districts are responsible for verifying with the Settlement Claims Administrator that the product or service is eligible for redemption prior to making a purchase.
The Settlement Claims Administrator does not accept vendor inquiries.